Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top 5 Funniest Movie Lines That Aren't Supposed to be Funny

When I say top five I really mean the first five I thought of and when I say funniest I really mean the ones I like to quote the most. I'm sure there are hundreds more. All right, here it goes.

5. The Luck of the Irish - Well At Least They Got Paid



Gold. I like to think this was ad-libbed. Some black crew member read the script and told the actor to say it. The director was taken back and shocked but then realized shit, what can I do now, gotta leave it in. This entire movie is real racist. There's some website that broke down all the fucked up shit said in it but after one Google search I couldn't find that website so I can't link it.

4. Now & Then - Why Are You Afraid of Me?




I grew up with two sisters. Therefore I watched a ton of girl movies. Now & Then was always one I was okay with though. It's the girl version of Stand By Me. Crazy Pete is maybe the coolest movie character ever. Just riding his bike at night to and from the cemetery in overalls all the time. Then you find out he can barely talk. Cracks me up every time when he says "why are you afraid of me?" C'mon Pete! Look at yourself! You're SO scary.

3. Wizard of Oz - Put Em Up




Is this scene actually supposed to be funny? I never know. Growing up no one else laughed at it when I watched it with them but I think its supposed to be funny. His delivery is just too good. Pulling an axe on me ehh? Sneaking up on me ehh? I always want to use this whenever a fight is about to break out at a bar but instead I just run the other way cause I'm a pussy.

2. Johnny Tsunami - Big Party At Our Place



Self explanatory. A+ acting.

1. My Girl - His Glasses




Yeah it's a terribly sad scene but if you don't burst out laughing when she says "HE WAS GONNA BE AN ACROBAT" then I feel bad for you. Then she combos into the most un athletic run ever scene on film (until the girl from Taken beat her out) and I can't hold it in any longer. Shits funny. His face hurts!


Honorable Mention is Leo in Romeo + Juliet when he finds out Juliet died.




No comments:

Post a Comment