Tuesday, December 17, 2013

So This Is Something I May Start Doing Now

So this is something I may start doing now. This blog is the product of sheer boredom. I thought to myself the other night 'hey maybe I should start a blog'. Then I thought 'but Jimmy what would you even write about?' Then suddenly the conversation with myself stopped because I ran over a wild Coyote. It darted in front of my car and by the time I saw it my front bumper was shattering its rib cage. I thought it was a dog at first and was shaken up like a little girl. Then I found out it was a wild coyote and was proud of myself cause I killed a Coyote and that's bad ass.

Anyways.

Since I graduated college and moved back in with the rents I have been stumbling through various ways to entertain myself and also steadily gaining weight. Last year I started making Whiskey Shot videos to make my friends laugh (more so myself). After eight weeks of that my liver waved the white flag and I stopped.

Then for my birthday I got a typewriter and started typing people letters. Anyone that wanted a letter got one. Oh, actually, I also wrote those while drunk so I guess my liver never did get that break.

A few weeks later my friend, Skinny Nose, gave me a printing press so I instantly started designing and printing tank tops. Dove head first into that by making a website and investing a couple hundred in supplies. Once I made my money back it got boring.
Next up was real writing. It was my New Years resolution to write more and I fucking nailed it. I wrote 200 plus pages of short stories and poems. That felt real satisfying.  I also printed 50 copies of the novel I had written a year earlier while I was still in school and sold every copy. Even more satisfying.

Work picked up and I was busy. Now work has slowed and I am bored. But I'm a sucker for ideas and for trying them out instantly. I had a month off and thought I should go on a road trip. BAM! I did it. I had a dream about writing a screen play. BOOM! woke up and wrote the first three scenes. Promised my friend I would send him a video once a week for a year telling him how much he likes boobs. He said, "please don't do that Jimmy". HA! Of course i did it, that's hilarious. One day my friend, Little Head, said we should drink a different beer each day for a year and write about it. POW! We did it for two months. Couple months ago I thought, man I should re watch all of Dawson's Creek. BANG! I just finished season two.


So there is no saying whether I keep this up or not but for now... It exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment